Did you encounter any difficulties when making your mozzarella?
Here are some additional tips that can help you with your next build.
1. Watch our very detailed video on how to make mozzarella. Having visual support will help you identify where an error has occurred.
2. Be sure to use one of the brands of milk we recommend in our recipes. Getting grainy mozzarella is often the result of using a brand of milk that we don't recommend in our recipes. The brand has an impact on the final result. For the production of mozzarella, we recommend the use of Natrel, Lactantia, Chagnon, La Vallée Verte, Nutrinor brand milk.
3. Your rennet should be at room temperature when it dissolves. Take it out of the fridge 20 minutes before dissolving it. It is a very temperature sensitive ingredient.
4. Use chlorine-free water at room temperature for dissolving rennet and citric acid. If the water is too cold, it will inhibit the action of the rennet.
5. In step 4, when increasing the temperature from 32 to 42ºC, make sure not to exceed 42ºC. Otherwise, your rennet will no longer work and you won't be able to stretch your cheese.
To make sure you don't exceed 42ºC, measure the temperature at the bottom of your cauldron, in several places because the circles heat up unevenly. Remove your cauldron from the heat as soon as you reach 42ºC at one point. Wait a few minutes, then cut your curds and stir gently to even out the temperature. Measure the temperature again, if it is less than 42ºC, heat a little more while mixing very gently.
6. Above all, don't lose hope! You can already congratulate yourself for making cheese. Your next production will go even better by following these few tips and you will soon be one of the apprentice cheese makers who have made their mozzarella a success!
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.